Supine to Sitting Up!

In the last few days we’ve said the words, “Go to your wedge,” more times than I can remember. In fact one time while Laelia was reaching for something she fell over and sniffed, “Lali go to ‘er wedge?” :)  The little girl has figured out we won’t help her up! I love it! And  I love those full sentences she says now!

Then today at work I got a text from Chelsea that Lali went to her wedge to sit up, then sat up right by her wedge  without using it! I wondered if Lali had used the wedge to get her hips in position or if she merely went to that spot and forgot to use it entirely.  So later this evening bound and determined to find out,  I asked her to show Grandma and Peepa this trick (the excuse I use to put a camera in her face) and she did! Here’s what I got:

Front view:

Back view:

She didn’t want to give me any more videos apparently. :-D

SHE CAN SIT UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-D

12 Responses to “Supine to Sitting Up!”

1. Kiersten says:

OK – I am teary-eyed. That is so awesome – so happy for Laelia and her family!!! Check that off the year’s goal list….what’s next….can’t wait to see what baby girl is going to grace us with next. She is a such a shining star and I love her! Congratulations…xoxox

2. Carolyn says:

OH MY GOSH!!! I almost started crying just watching how hard she worked and how proud she was when she sat up! I can’t imagine how hard it must be to hear people tell you all the things Laelia will supposedly never do, but by golly, if there’s anybody bound to win against all odds, it’s her! Let that video be proof whenever somebody gets you down! Hooray for Laelia!

3. Maureen says:

Rejoicing with you, Alexis. She is such a smart little girl. How exciting to be able to watch her progress from a distance.

4. Charilyn says:

YOU GO LAELIA!!!!! YOU ROCK BABY GIRL!!!! I’m sooooo excited to watch this! God is so good! I wonder if you can get your money back on a slightly used wedge?!!

5. Chelsea Powell says:

I was starting to wonder if you were that sick or if you didn’t believe me. I was expecting something close to a back flip from you and you were just like “oh good”. I told you :) I was hoping she would show you so you didn’t think I was crazy. Hooray!!!!!!!!! So awesome!!!!!

6. lauren B says:

Totally teary eyed! :*-) Thank you Lord for this little girl that touches so many hearts and lives! What a blessing <3

7. Melissa Rowe says:

Hooray! I knew she would eventually! Good job Laeli. :) I also want to add how cute I think her outfit is & that color looks great on her. ;)

8. Linda Record says:

Wow, wow, WOW!!! How can you ever resist that “please”? And the arm… she’s figuring out how to make other parts do what she wants. Amazing! Send videos to that PT who thought Lali didn’t have it in her! :)

9. Joann S says:

Wow, I am sooo excited! so I can only imagine how you guys must feel. And Laelia is such a star! God’s “shining star”! The glory of the Lord is seen in her. PTL! I am so glad you were able to get it on video and share with all of us. Yipee! I can’t stop cheering!

10. Bethany says:

I think I would have cried over those videos had Sophie not been bouncing on my lap cheering “Look at Laelia! Look at Laelia!” What an awesome, awesome accomplishment.

11. Bethany Nason says:

I have been following Laelia’s blog for a bit.. I learned about it from Josh :0)
    These videos have me sitting here crying and squealing with delight!

Way to go Laelia!! Way to go!!!

Congrats mom and dad and little one on reaching yet another milestone that seemed to be impossible! She is truly amazing!! A blessing and a true miracle!

12. sarah jo says: