Laelia uses her power chair for the first time in our house!

Laelia is thrilled with her new (*cough* five months old)  power chair! Grandma and Grandpa had been holding onto it for us and they brought it down for us on May 13th.  Laelia was excited that whole day and talked about it nonstop like it was Christmas Eve. :)

I can’t wait to figure out how to transport this thing! As soon as it can go with her in the car  then we can go more places! Like the zoo or the grocery store or the park or Disneyland! But right now we’re happy just watching her go up and down her ramp. She’s pretty happy and cute. :) Oh and there’s a turtle setting for slow and a bunny setting for fast. Guess who loves bunnies! :)

So far she has crashed into my new (*cough* used and cheap off Craigslist) dinning room table, the coffee table, the couch,  the entryway table and every wall. She has also taken  the closet doors in the hallway down and put a hole through the door to the den. Oh and good news, going off the wheelchair ramp does not tip the 250 lb chair, nor does it slow anyone down. In fact, to Mommy’s horror, it’s kinda fun. :-/

Here’s a video of the first time we ever put her in her chair in the house. Enjoy!

6 Responses to “Laelia uses her power chair for the first time in our house!”

1. Kristin says:

great job little lady you did so great :)

2. Kiersten says:

Woo-hoo! Go Laelia! Her face is just beaming!

3. Laura says:

That is so awesome!!!! :D Just a hint, real curbs are in fact dangerous, I recently drove myself off of one :D Luckily I was unharmed. But that’s so great, and I’m not gonna lie, I enjoyed scaring my mom with stuff I did too :D So have at it Laelia!! Hehe :D

4. Robin Clark says:

Wow!! You have a new driver in the house! :) I have been wondering what happened to the power chair. As a Regional Center Service Coordinator, I am imagining that you will need a lift for the chair. Obviously, if she was one of clients, the agency could possibly help (although the rules for lifts has changed markedly since the CA State budget mess). Does CCS become involved? Oh, now that I think of it, they got you the chair. This might be another time for using that funding website, but I will ask co-workers and get back to you. Blessings!

5. Erica says:

Awe. This melts my heart.

6. Little Hover Round says:

This is just awesome. You have a cute little angel and I wish her the very best in life. I loved the video especially the smile she gives in the end.