The day before surgery.

Three airplanes later and Daddy finally joins us!

I got lost at the airport tonight because of the weird roads (PHILLY!!!), but we did find Daddy and then we went to meet our friends at the local diner.

Our buddies!

I had my first Philly cheese stake. Now I can say I’ve done it. :)

Sadie (also an AMC’er) and Laelia showed off their standing and walking skills at the diner.

Once we got home, and after my husband showered, we were finally feeling like a family again. That is until Charley showed me that he brought with him a ton of technology so I can blog! (Bye honey!) So I’ve been lost in my computer for the last couple of hours while my husband has been putting up with all of my daughter’s new discipline problems developed over the last nine days. :) Hehe.

But seriously we have missed Daddy. He is loved. He is appreciated.

Good news! We got a call this morning that Laelia had been bumped up to the first surgery of the day tomorrow! That’s a super great answer to prayer since my daughter is terrified of the hospital. I was so afraid that she would be a scared, shaking mess for the whole day, but now she’s first up!

We have to leave the RMDH at 6:15 a.m. to get to the hospital by 6:30. That will be difficult since we never got used to Philly time and have been sleeping in until 11:00 a.m. every morning and calling it 8:00. :)

In other good news, Laelia is not sick! No coughing, sniffling or sneezing! That’s a miracle since so many illnesses have been floating around.

Tomorrow is surgery! Finally! I see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Update: It’s now midnight. Laelia is not sleepy. Kill me now.

Updateness: Midnight has come and gone and that cheese stake is not sitting well. Maybe some Canadian candy will help…

Another update: It’s official. We’re not going to get much sleep tonight.

One Response to “The day before surgery.”

  1. Linda Record says:

    There’s just nuthin’ as good as Daddy’s hug when stressful times are afoot!

Leave a Reply