133 then off she goes!

Do you believe this?!! I cannot believe this!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry for all the crying in that second video. :))

Hehe, she walked right into the kitchen. Then I said, “What do you want to do in here?” And she said, “Bake a cake.”

So we did!

She walked all over the kitchen!

She practically made the entire cake herself! (It’s crunchy…)

Laelia got cake mix and frosting as a present from church this morning!

The cake came like that. *do de do*

Celebrating tonight!!!

16 Responses to “133 then off she goes!”

1. kristin says:

Tears of joy!! Oh Alexis this is so beautiful!! God is so good!!

2. Sue Peppers says:

I sat here awestruck during the first video…walking, counting steps.
    I totally lost it in the second video when she told the cat “I CAN WALK…he didn’t know that!”
    What a miracle. This is like a Christmas present. The BEST ever. Thank you Lord for your grace…for Laelia, for her most amazing parents, for the gift of this child to all of us who are watching your path for her unfold before our eyes.
    Thank you for sharing her with us Alexis and Charlie.

3. Anonymous says:

This child is amazing!! I cried too. I am so happy for all of you. Thanks Laelia for doing the walking today.

4. Anonymous says:

This is the best thing ive ever seen! I’m so excited and happy for her right now!! And so extremely proud of her!! And you for being so strong and making sure that sweet girl was able to have this special day. IGod puts the people we Need in our lives. You 2 will always need each other l

5. Sarah Macy says:

I am going to have to watch the video later, but I am SO proud of Lali!! I’m telling you, she’s going to be rock climbing next! She’s not going to be slowed down! She’s amazing and I CAN’T wait to brag about her at work tomorrow!

6. Wes says:

Wonderful!

Love the cake.

7. Teresa Caldwell says:

Alexis, I’m so Happy for you All….She’s So Amazing!! I remember her video getting up the stairs. Now, what did she say, “I’m so frustrated”? Not only does she Blow us All Away as she kicks Arthrogryposis in the Butt….She’s Just Adorable!! I love Laelia!! I often think of Easty’s first steps….the Joy that will fill Our Hearts!! Thank you for sharing her with us…. :)

8. Teresa Caldwell says:

9. Linda Record says:

I sat here the longest time trying to think of something nifty to say, but there just aren’t any words great enough for this. None. Do wish you had held the camera on Charley just a few seconds longer. The love on his face was priceless! Go, Lali, go!!!

10. Gina Kuhlman says:

Laelia is the cutest little girl in the world! Thank you so much for sharing this precious one with us. It gives me joy and hope to see what is coming up for our Graysen. Have a wonderful Christmas with this wonderful gift of, “I can walk.”

11. Mom to JADE says:

How absolutely amazing! She is so adorable! How it brought back memories for me!

12. Amy, a redeemed sheep says:

Alexis…I have been following this amazing journey from day one. I could hardly contain myself as I watched sweet Lali walking to the kitchen.

What a good gift from God…

Merry Christmas!!

13. Tracy Miller-Jenkins says:

I’m not a real religious person, but I do have to say after reading your blog and watching all the videos, I do have faith in you three.
    Alexis and Charlie I believe in my heart that you are the saviors of your precious little Laelia.
    I believe all her aspirations of strength, ambitions, and love were inspired by the two of you.
    You have my respect and admiration.
    I truly wish your family much happiness and love.

Merry Christmas,
    Tracy

14. Danielle Cervantes Stephens says:

WHOOOAAAA! What’s next, roller derby!? :) Praise God! What a blessing of hope Laelia’s story will be to other parents whose doctors and diagnoses tell them their children won’t walk, run or live active lives. Sorry, naysayers: Talk to God!

15. Robin Clark says:

That wasn’t nearly as much crying as I expected Alexis! I never doubted that this day would come. Everything is part of God’s plan. I knew He wanted her to walk! Way to go Laelia!!

16. Caroline Casselberry says:

Watching those 133 steps was incredible… and seeing Laelia’ constant love and joy of life is beyond endearing.

You are wonderful parents… and our wonderful GOD has honored your hard work. I am thankful for both!

Please give her… and each of you, a hug for me!

Becky and Adam’s Mom… Caroline.