Video of Laelia

I created this video of Laelia learning to walk as a present for her 6th birthday. I used all of the videos I had of her where she is moving her lower limbs. And let me just say that there were not many videos of her even moving her lower half for the whole first year there, despite daily physical therapy and stretching. Wow, it’s amazing how far she’s come and how hard she worked. Laelia’s birthday party isn’t for a couple of weeks yet, but tonight she caught me editing, saw it was videos of her and then squealed and demanded to see it. (By the way this is my first video editing job EVER and it was really hard and I cussed a lot and now I hate technology.) So the cat’s out of the bag and I’m just going to make it public.

Enjoy.

11 Responses to “Video of Laelia”

1. Sheryl says:

The video is beautiful. Great job Mama. And Laelia is AMAZING!

2. Grammy in Missouri says:

AHHH, cheering for your fabulous family, smiling so hard it hurts and oh, the tears of joy just roll!
    APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, Laelia! You have all worked so very hard! And didn’t sweet Rolly land EXACTLY where he was always meant to be?

3. Kristin says:

I cannot stop the happy tears from flowing. To know where you were during those first days with your sweet girl, and where you all are now…I can only say God is good!!!

4. Jane Rogers says:

Wonderful job!. The video gave me chills. God has blessed you with two wonderful children.

5. Loren says:

Absolutely fantastic!

6. Fatcat says:

Wonderful! Beautiful!

7. Patricia says:

Wow, that video is just concentrated Laelia! I LOVE the way her spirit comes through, even as a baby!

Watch out world, this kid is ON HER WAY!

8. Becky says:

Love love love! You might hate technology, but you’re dang good at using it. Of course, you have some pretty phenomenal material to work with. ;)

Amazing. We love you all, and are rejoicing with you!

9. Beth says:

what an adorable girl with a wonderful spirit. I saw the news article about you and Charles donating kidneys and followed links to read about your family. What precious kids! a beautiful video.

10. Krishna says:

You made this absolutely timeless piece of magic…you documented precious unforgettable moments of your beautiful babies with such love and adoration that I have been touched to the core by the beauty of this piece. You are my hero…I salute parents like you and your husband who so tirelessly lead lives full of such fulfillment and honor. I raise a toast to your happy ,lucky children …to their untiring spirit and love for life. May God bless you in all you do and may each passing day be more magical and blessed than the one before. Hope all your dreams cme true. Take care.

11. Kristi says:

This is one of the most beautiful videos I have ever seen. I read your story about you and your husband donating your kidneys and I just had to see your website. You really reinforced that there are wonderful people in this world. And God bless your family and your beautiful wonderful children. This clip brought tears to my eyes, also you did a great job at editing!!